Vansbrosimningen is the first Swedish organisation to join the Challenge Family.
– You couldn’t find a better race venue to showcase the beauty of Sweden, says Lisa Nordén, Olympic Silver medallist and Challenge Vansbro ambassador.
2021 Vansbrosimningen and Vansbro Triathlon becomes a part of the Challenge Family, a fast growing organisation for triathlon races all over the world.
– Challenge Family is an internationally well known brand whom, with its focus on festival, family and community, fits well for Vansbrosimningen and our values, says Tomas Viker, general secretary at Vansbrosimningen.
The membership of the Challenge Family implies that Vansbro Triathlon, from 2021, will change its name to Challenge Vansbro, the inside though will remain the same.
– As a competitor in Challenge Vansbro you’ll get to be a part of a long-standing tradition in Sweden’s most cheerful triathlon competition. Vansbro Triathlon’s ambition has always been to ensure that all participants and spectators get a great experience around the competition where fellowship and joy have been in focus before the competitive side of the race. This focus will remain although we change our name to Challenge Vansbro, says Clas Björling, race director Challenge Vansbro.
– Challenge Vansbro will distinguish itself among the other races in the Challenge family by focusing on the nature and all the beauty that Sweden, Dalarna and Vansbro has to offer. It will make a great contrast, says Tomas Viker.
– As an endurance sports organisation and endurance athletes ourselves we have a lot of respect for the great legacy of the famous Vansbrosimningen. The tradition of the long open water swim lasts already for 70 years. Each year the event inspires thirteen thousand swimmers to participate and the whole local community is involved. We recognise our CHALLENGEFAMILY values in them, so we are really proud to partner with Vansbro”, says Jort Vlam, CEO of CHALLENGEFAMILY, “And next to the sportive aspects, it is more than beautiful surroundings to combine race in with a holiday escape to the Swedish Dalarna region”
Lisa Nordén becomes ambassador for Challenge Vansbro
In conjunction with Vansbrosimningen’s entry into the Challenge Family, the Olympic silver medallist in triathlon Lisa Nordén becomes ambassador for Challenge Vansbro. Lisa will also participate in Vansbro Triathlon 2020 and the premiere of Challenge Vansbro 2021.
– I’m super excited about Challenge Family coming to Sweden and Vansbro. You couldn’t find a better race venue to showcase the beauty of Sweden, I love the area and the nature around Vansbro is amazing. It’s a small community used to hosting big races and the course will be flirting with the athletes. I think the experience with the mix of the forest and nature together with the crowd and community will be what really puts Challenge Vansbro on the map, says Lisa Nordén.
The official race date for the first Challenge Vansbro will be July 4 2021.
Read more at: https://challenge-vansbro.com/