Sunday 9 July 2017
Entry online Opens October 1
First start is at 12:00 and start waves are continuously released every 10 minutes up until 14:00.
About the race
Vansbro Tjejsim is 1k, and swum against the current in river Västerdalälven. A tip of advice is to swim close to shore to avoid the most powerful currents. Start waves are divided in non-elite competition and elite competition. Start wave 1 is included in the elite competition and the non-elite competition starts from start wave 2. Participants may seed for start waves 1-2. We have automatic seeding from our own races, for three years back in time, but swimmers may also report participation from other similar races to Vansbro Tjejsim (1k), in order to be placed in a suitable start wave in relation to swimming ability.
The maximum of participants are 3400. The online entry is open from 1 October, 2016 until 8 July (if the event is not sold out before). We use a pricing model, which means that an early entry costs less. Important dates for the entry fee are 31 October 2016, 30 April 2017. From May 1, late entry applies.
Vansbro Tjejsim was introduced 1992 and is a part of Tjejklassikern/Ladies’ Classic – and the reason why only women are allowed to participate in this particular race. The first year attracted 150 participants, today it is Sweden’s number one Open Water event for women with over 3000 participants. The distance is 1k and is swum against the current in river Västerdalälven. Danish Mathilde Riis Sørensen, West Swim Esbjerg, is registered for the fastest time with 10:57 minutes (2012). The crowd may follow the swimmers from the boardwalk along river Västerdalälven.
The entry fee includes
Medals for all who finish the event, clothing-bag service, hot drinks are served at the finish area, heating tent at the finish area, showers at the finish area, meal ticket, results on the website and My Pages, diploma with name and time (frame to the diploma can be purchased on site).
Vansbro Tjejsim in short
- All swimmers who go through with the race receive a medal, Bronze medal, race 1-9 and Gold medal, from race 10
- Award Ceremony for top-three-swimmers
- Warm and cold drinks are served in the finish area
- Heating-tents when needed are located directly to the finish area
- Showers in connection to the finish area
- Food is served after the race – remember to bring your ticket from the participant packet
- Results are available on our website
- Collect your diploma in connection to the Race Office
- Age limit is from the year the swimmer turns 10
- Vansbro Tjejsim is a part of Tjejklassikern/Ladies’ Classic