Friday 6 July 2018
The start is open for one and a half hour, 15:30-17:00, and participants may start their swimming whenever they prefer during this period.
About the race
Vansbro Öppen Älv premiered on the 2014 race programme and is a complement to the Main Event Vansbrosimningen. The course is the same as the main-event, Vansbrosimningen 3 km, and is suited for swimmers who enjoy swimming in a more relaxed setting and avoid the competitive race stress. The course is 3 km, and is swum under seven bridges in rivers Vanån and Västerdalälven. The first 2 km are with co-current flow and the last 1km is against the current. A tip of advise is to swim close to shore the last 1 km to avoid the powerful current. Everyone who completes the race will receive a medal and a diploma. The age limit for participation in Vansbro Öppen Älv is from the year you turn 10 years. Vansbro Öppen Älv is a part of En Svensk Klassiker (A Swedish Classic).
The online entry is open from 1 October, 2017 until 7 July (if the event is not sold out before). We use a pricing model, which means that an early entry costs less. Important dates for the entry fee are 31 October 2017, 30 April 2018. From May 1, late entry applies.
The entry fee for kids between 10-17 years old is 250SEK.
The entry fee includes
Medals for all who finish the event, clothing-bag service, hot drinks are served at the finish area, heating tent at the finish area, showers at the finish area, meal ticket, results on the website and My Pages, diploma with name and time (frame to the diploma can be purchased on site).
Vansbro Öppen Älv in short
- All swimmers who go through with the race receive a medal, Bronze medal, race 1-6″Älvarnas Blå band” medal, race 7, Gold medal, from race 8
- Warm and cold drinks are served in the finish area
- Heating-tents when needed are located directly to the finish area
- Showers in connection to the finish area
- Food is served after the race – remember to bring your ticket from the participant packet
- Results are available on our website
- Collect your diploma in connection to the Race Office
- Age limit is from the year the swimmer turns 10
- Vansbro Öppen Älv is a part of En Svensk Klassiker/A Swedish Classic.