Sunday 8 July 2018
All swimmers start at 09:00.
About the race
The course is 1 km and is swum against the current in river Västerdalälven. A tip of advise is to swim close to shore to avoid the powerful current. Everyone who completes the race will receive a medal and a diploma. The age limit for participation in Vansbro Kortsim is from the year you turn 10 years.
The maximum number of participants are 1600. The online entry is open from 1 October, 2017 until 8 July (if the event is not sold out before). We use a pricing model, which means that an early entry costs less. Important dates for the entry fee are 31 October 2017, 30 April 2018. From May 1, late entry applies.
Vansbro Kortsim was introduced 2000 under name ”the Millennium Swim”, but was shortly after renamed to Vansbro Kortsim and added to the ordinary race programme. The course is 1k and is swum against the current in river Västerdalälven. Swedish Open Water swimmer, Anton Björk-Teuscher, (Simklubben S02) has the fastest time with 10:23 minutes (2016). The crowd may follow the swimmers from the boardwalk along river Västerdaälven Vansbro Kortsim is also a part of Tjejklassikern/Ladies’ Classic.
Vansbro Kortsim in short
- All swimmers who go through with the race receive a medal
- Award Ceremony for top-three-swimmers
- Warm and cold drinks are served in the finish area
- Heating-tents when needed are located directly to the finish area
- Showers in connection to the finish area
- Food is served after the race – remember to bring your ticket from the participant packet
- Results are available on our website
- Collect your diploma in connection to the Race Office
- Age limit is from the year the swimmer turns 10
- Vansbro Kortsim is a part of Tjejklassikern/Ladies’ Classic.